The Cocoa Barometer is a biennial publication, with the aim of creating an up-to-date, fair, and clear overview of the state of sustainability of the cocoa sector. The Barometer looks at the sector as a whole, but also couples aggregated and disaggregated company and country data with clear visualizations and fair contextualization of challenges, commitments, and accomplishments. It is published by a consortium of civil society actors from across the globe, and hosted by the VOICE network.
Cocoa Barometer 2022
Prior to the release of the 2022 Cocoa Barometer (currently foreseen to be published in December 2022), the Barometer Consortium will be releasing a series of Consultation Papers.
- A Latin America Baseline Cocoa Barometer (September 2022) outlining the major challenges and opportunities of cocoa in Latin America – available in English and Spanish.
- A Living Income Compendium (September 2022), looking at a range of assumptions and myths around farmers income, as well as suggesting a more holistic approach going forward – available in English, with French translation to be released in October.
- A whitepaper on Transparency & Accountability, to be released in October 2022.
Cocoa Barometer 2020
2020 Cocoa Barometer Support Documents
2020 Cocoa Barometer Consultation Papers
- Position paper on Agroforestry in Cocoa, July 2020 – online / pdf version
- Document de consultation sur l’agroforesterie dans le secteur du cacao, Juilliet 2020
- La agroforestería en el sector del cacao, la necesidad de enfoques de paisaje colaborativos ambiciosos, Julio 2020
- Position paper on Living Income Farm Gate Prices, January 2020
- Support database to Necessary Farm Gate Prices Paper, January 2020
- Position paper on West African Floor Price, September 2019
- Position paper on Certification, July 2019
Cocoa Barometer 2018
- Cocoa Barometer 2018 English
- Cocoa Barometer 2018 Executive Summary
- Barometre du Cacao 2018 French
- Barómetro del Cacao 2018 Spanish
- Kakao Barometer 2018 German
- Cacao Barometer 2018 Dutch
- Infographics 2018 (ZIP file)
- Consultation Papers for 2018 Cocoa Barometer
- Cocoa Barometer 2015
- Cocoa Barometer 2012
- Cocoa Barometer 2010
- Cocoa Barometer 2009
- Sweetness Follows 2008
The Cocoa Barometer Consortium consists of ABVV/Horval, Action against Child Exploitation (ACE), Be Slavery Free, EcoCare, European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions (EFFAT), Fair World Project, Fern, Freedom United, Global Labor Justice/International Labor Rights Forum, Green America, Inades Formation, INKOTA-netzwerk, Mighty Earth, Oxfam America, Oxfam Belgium, Oxfam Ghana, Public Eye, Rikolto, SEND Ghana, Solidaridad Europe, Solidaridad West Africa, SÜDWIND Institut, Tropenbos International, Tropenbos Ghana, WWF France
The Cocoa Barometer is coordinated by the VOICE Network.
Contact Requests for information can be addressed to: email@example.com
Creative Commons License
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International